Life gets heavy, and it can be very uncomfortable. This is something we must accept in a hurry, and if we don't, we're in for a world of hurt, a world filled with letdown after letdown. At Farmer Gym, we like to think of our workouts as a microcosm of life. Comfortable is not of us; pleasure isn't what we're about; and the word easy should never be uttered in our work. By wielding cold, heavy iron, and by constantly moving and lifting, we prepare the body and mind to withstand the demands of being alive.
If you quit here or decide to take the easy way out, what will you do when life heats up? I can speak from personal experience. I've chosen to quit and walk away from life's demands; the easy way out is a path I've taken many times; and succumbing to non-beneficial pleasures is a constant battle. Life is hard. But through the demands of pressing and pulling, and via the fire of fitness, we hope you can be better prepared -- both bodily and mentally -- for whatever is thrown your way.
No, we're not for everybody; in fact, we're not for many. But if you're up for a challenge, and you're able to withstand harsh conditions that will test your resolve, well, we might be the right kind of uncomfortable fit for you.
(Life can also be a beautiful thing, this we know. And our bodies, through the suffering and test of will, are prepared to enjoy the pleasures the Good Lord gives us.)
#dowork and #growstrong
Our Mission: By defying conventional workout methods, we grow stronger, harder bodies and build mental resiliency through the rigors of intense physical training.
Our Vision: To instill in our clients a working-class mindset and a courageous confidence through a work ethic that is relentless.
Our Purpose: To do work!
1. Intensity is king: the pursuit of goals begins at the end of your comfort zone.
2. Mindset is queen: the mind will quit before the body.
3. Whole-body training: compound movements with functional purposes trump isolated activity.
4. Whole-system training: strength, conditioning, and endurance prepare the body for any physical task.
5. Nutrition is an important variable: a bad diet cannot be outworked.
6. Rest and sleep: downtime is mandatory if you want to grow.
7. Varied structure: although the workouts vary, the routine has an objective.
8. Safety with every rep: fitness does not require injury; train hard and smart.
9. Movement integrity: an exercise performed right is always better than a poorly executed half-rep.
10. Anybody can improve their fitness: unfortunately, not everybody is willing to put in the work.
Our Roots: Farmer Gym was established to reflect not only the farmer’s philosophy, but also its practice. Lifting, moving, and constantly working are the staples of a farmer’s toil, and these are staples that build, grow, and shape bodies. Through hard work, Farmer Gym workouts replicate the farmers’ craft – the type of work that has built stronger, harder bodies for generations. Although the workouts change, the concept does not – your body is the machine.
For information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org